Tuesday, March 24, 2009

job interviews

Off the top, let me just say that I dislike phone interviews. In person you can read body language, gage facial expressions to your responses, see when you've made a misstep and cover. On the phone you have no clues, unless you hear something the interviewers voice.

Today I had a phone interview. I got the interview via a headhunter. They cold called me. Alright but the position sounded good, in my field, money was excellent and it's downtown, so far all aces. The agent (for the HH) sends me the job description and says he can't emphasize enough how important it is to these people that I be prepared, "so visit their website and do some research," he says. Which I did based on the job description he sent me.

The interview came this morning and it started fine but then I asked a few key questions, to demonstrate that I had researched and knew something of the position only to find out that that position is another project all together what I would be doing was this other thing.

DAMN!!!!

I mean really. So I did the best I could do to cover, mentioned that the HH must have sent me the wrong thing (the HH and the interviewer are old friends). The interview lasted about 35 minutes but was only supposed to be 10 or 15. Long is good I think. It means they were interested, I believe.

He did say he would recommend me to the team lead and if the lead was interested I'd be invited for an in person interview. Tomorrow I'm calling the HH to complain and to see if he had any follow up.

GRRRRR!!!!

No comments: